menu and shopping system
I shared this system in my insta stories earlier this week and had SO many requests to share my menus on my blog so here we are. This Menu system is seriously simple and is a huge time saver. I have been doing my menu planning and grocery shopping this way for years and have never found anything better. Hope it helps you save a little time and sanity, mommas!
Here's the step by step to creating these menus for your own family:
1. Brain storm 15-25 dinner your family likes and will eat and write them down.
2. Disperse your meals into weekly menus (5-7 dinners per week)
You can make 3 or 4 weeks worth of menus. This way your family only has to eat the same dinner every month or so.
3. Once you've determined which dinners go into which weeks, make a shopping list for each week with every single ingredient you will need to make all the dinners.
4.I like to type my menus up in a Word Document using 2 columns with the menu in column one and the shopping list in column 2.
(to make multiple columns click layout and then columns)
5. add another page to your document and type up every single recipe you will need to make all the dinners for that week!
6. Now print double sided so you just have one sheet of paper for the entire weeks worth of dinners.
(to print double sided from a MAC go to file, print, and click the "copies and pages" drop down menu and choose layout, once you're in layout the two sided option is probably set to off, click the drop down menu and choose "long edge binding" then simply print your document)
7. Be sure to laminate your menus to keep them protected when you're cooking around them. I use these laminating pouches, they're my fav, so easy to use and don't require any kind of laminating machine.
You can also make grocery shopping WAY faster by using the Anylist app. Each week before I head to the grocery store I pop all the shopping list items from my menu into the app and it organizes it into location of where it's found in the grocery store 🤯 You can even hook your app to your Alexa or your google and tell her to add things to your shopping and list and poof! they will end up in you app. One of my favorite little features about this app is that when I put something in my cart I can tap the item and it crosses it off, so dang satisfying!
If you'd like to check out my current menus with their recipes, click here. Several of my recipes are from @amberskitchen so I have to give her credit and if you need amazing menu ideas, I have never made a single meal from her feed that my family hasn't loved!
If you'd like to print out my current menus with their recipes, click these 👉🏽 menu one, menu two and menu three. Several of my recipes are from @amberskitchen so I have to give her credit and if you need amazing menu ideas, I have never made a single meal from her feed that my family